Tailor-made training programmes in Scotland for groups of Education Inspectors, trainers, teachers, Headteachers or management staff.
Objectives of the training:
- Discover the roles and responsibilities within the Scottish Education System, from Government to educational establishments
- Explore, in detail, the monitoring and evaluating processes of schools, and in particular the tools for self-evaluation
- Explore how, nationally, Scotland ensures a quality education in its Primary and Secondary schools through the work of Her Majesty’s Inspectorate in Education (HMIE), Local Authorities, and other national agencies
- Explore how Local Authorities ensure quality provision in its Primary and Secondary schools through the role of Local Authority Education Quality Services
- Visit Primary and Secondary schools to observe and to discuss with school leaders, teachers and pupils how they ensure that there is quality provision for all students in their schools
- Reflect on how the Scottish model can inform the school evaluation processes of each participant’s region/country of origin, as well as their own individual work practices
Duration of the training activities for Education Stakeholders: 7 days Mobility (Sunday to Saturday) / 5 days Training (Monday to Friday).