Tailor-made training programmes in Scotland for groups of Education Inspectors, trainers, teachers, Headteachers or management staff.
Objectives of the training:
- Discover the roles and responsibilities within the Scottish Education System, from Government to educational establishments
- Explore how the current Scottish Government’s priority of “Closing the Attainment Gap” translates at national, regional and at school level
- Discover “Curriculum for Excellence”, Scotland’s national school curriculum -based on the self-evaluation of schools, team work and developing skills across the curriculum – and the key role that it plays in reducing attainment inequalities between pupils
- Find out about the initial training of education staff, continuous professional development and the role of GTCS (the General teaching Council for Scotland)
- Visit Primary and Secondary schools to observe and to discuss with school leaders, teachers and pupils how they ensure that they all work towards “Closing the Attainment Gap”, including developing “Parental Engagement”
- Reflect on how the Scottish model can inform the processes of each participant’s region/country of origin, as well as their own individual work practices
Duration of the training activities for Education Stakeholders: 7 days Mobility (Sunday to Saturday) / 5 days Training (Monday to Friday).